Come see the XV Crosstrek at Patriot Subaru!
There's a lot to love here!
There's a lot to love here!
The experts at Motor Trend checked out the all-new 2013 Subaru Crosstrek, and Loved it! "It has that special bit of character that makes you want to climb in and drive it. Anywhere. Because you can." Motor Trend also said, "Subaru does 'lifestyle vehicles' - vehicles that help define who a person is- well, and the XV could well be its best yet.":
Here's the skinny: at the heart the Subaru XV is an all-new 2012 Impreza Sport, the five door hatchback version of Subaru's popular C-segment car. The Impreza itself plays host to a number of improvements over the previous generation car, including a windshield pushed forward nearly 8 inches; a redeveloped suspension that is stiffer and more responsive, improved aerodynamics, and improved fuel economy thanks to reduced weight and a more efficient CVT. Its longer wheelbase also provides more rear legroom without lengthening the actual car. The old SOHC 2.5 liter boxer four has been ditched in favor of a fresh twin cam 2.0 liter mill (don't worry it is still horizontally opposed) with slightly less power but improved efficiency and fuel economy. Subaru's symmetrical all-wheel drive system remains standard equipment.
The design works. And it works really, really well.
Base Price: $22,790. Talk to Patriot Subaru for all the options!
Most noticeably, the car rides higher than the Impreza. Designed to compete in the white-hot sporty CUV segment, the XV gets 8.7-inches of ground clearance. The front and rear bumpers are also revised, and have been sculpted in the wind tunnel for improved aerodynamics and styled in the studio for increased curb appeal. The front grille is unique to the XV, as are the silver and black 17-inch aluminum alloy wheels, the only ones initially available for the car. Those contrasting plastic wheelarch covers are also new with cutaway ends that reduce their visual heft. Chief stylist for the XV, long-time Subaru designer Masahiro Kobayashi (responsible for the first-generation Forester, among other vehicles), was inspired by the influx of technical outdoor clothing and gadgets that have found a home with today's trendy urbanites.
SUBARU SAFETY FEATURES
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive (AWD)
- Vehicle Dynamics (Stability) Control (VDC)
- Anti-Lock Brakes: 4-Wheel Disc integrates
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist Safety System
- Brake Override system ensures that the engine power will be cut when both the brake and accelerator are pressed simultaneously.
- Air Bag System (SRS) w/7 airbags
- Driver's side knee airbag
- Standard front side pelvis/torso airbags
- Side curtain airbags that offer front and rear outboard seat coverage
- Subaru Ring-Shaped Frame Reinforcement body structure
- 3-Point Seatbelts, All Seating Positions
- LATCH System for Child Safety Seats
- Anti-Theft Alarm & Immobilizer
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- IIHS Top Safety Pick
COMFORT, CONVENIENCE & INTERIOR
- AM/FM Stereo with CD Player
- Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming
- USB port, 3.5mm aux. input jack and six speakers.
- Air Conditioning w/Air Filtration System
- All-weather Package c/o heated front seats, heated exterior mirrors and windshield wiper de-icer
- Carpeted Floor Mats
- Waterproof Cargo Area Tray and Cargo Cover
- Cruise Control
- Multi-function display with outside temperature and fuel economy information
- Power Windows, Door Locks and Mirrors
- Remote Keyless Entry System
- Steering Wheel Audio & Cruise Controls
- 60/40 Fold-Down Rear Seatback with flat load floor offering 52.4 cubic feet of carrying space
- Tilt / Telescopic Steering Wheel
PERFORMANCE AND EXTERIOR
- 148-horsepower 2.0-liter BOXER engine, teamed to Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive via a 5 speed manual transmission with Subaru Incline Start Assist (stardard on Premium) or available second-generation Lineartronic® (CVT) Continuously Variable Transmission (optional on Premium, standard on Limited).
- 25 mpg city / 33 mpg highway / 28 mpg combined
- 15.9 gallon fuel tank
- 17-inch alloy wheels with 225/55 R17 all-season tires
- Standard ECO gauge
- Auto Lights w/ Daytime Running Lights
- Intermittent Front/Rear Wipers
- Roof Rails with optional accessories
- Black side- and wheel-arch cladding
- Traction Control
- 8.7 inch ground clearance
- Partial Zero Emission (PZEV) - Required for New England