and it's better than ever!
MotorTrend names the Subaru Forester
Sport/Utility of the Year for 2014!
Consumer Reports reviewed the 2014 Forester, Jan 2013. Read the review here!
Consumer Reports: 2014 Subaru Forester: Click To Read!
Car Connection names the 2014 Forester as the
"Best Car To Buy 2014"
Insurance Institute For Highway Safety gives the Subaru Forester Top Safety Pick, which includes the new "Small Overlap Test". Click to read.
Explanation of IIHS Small Overlap Test - Click Here
MOTOR TREND editor-in-chief Ed Loh, said, "The 2014 Subaru Forester beat a highly
competitive field of SUVs because it best met our award's six key criteria. Smart design,
thoughtful engineering, and a compelling performance on road and off were the keys to
the Forester's win. Our editors were particularly impressed by the powerful yet efficient
turbocharged engines, the intelligent and sporty CVT transmission, and the excellent
visibility and interior package found within the Forester. Practical, affordable, efficient
and fun-to-drive - Forester truly ticked every box".
Edmunds says: The 2014 Subaru Forester gets an update with some major hardware changes.
The Car Connection reports: The 2014 Forester is built on what Subaru calls "virtually the same footprint as the previous model," but its profile looks bolder and decidedly sportier than the current version. Of note are the side mirrors that have been moved farther back from the A-pillars, as in the latest Subaru Impreza, an update of the grille and headlights to match that latest redesign, and more strongly sculpted flanks leading into the taillamps. In two separate pictures, it appears that there are two different versions of the front bumper and lower airdam, with the more aggressive design, and its side scoops and blacked-out bumper areas (and showier wheels to match) likely reserved for the Turbo.
- Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive w/ 32 MPG HWY and Lineartronic CVT delivers excellent fuel economy.
- SUBARU BOXERš engine provides efficient operation and a low center of gravity for balance that can be felt.
- Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle standard on all 2014 Forester non-turbo models.
- The protection of seven airbags and rollover sensor standard.
- Available X-MODE ensures excellent driving performance even on poor road surfaces.
- For those wanting additional power, the Forester 2.0XT comes with a new direct injection turbo (DIT) Subaru BOXER engine which produces 250 hp and 258 lb-ft torque.
- Improved and refined interior space with available Harmon/Kardon audio featuring Aha.
- Available EyeSight Driver Assist Technology that makes a safe Forester even safer.