The Subaru Crosstrek is powered by a 2.0-liter 4 cylinder boxer engine (instead of pistons moving up and down inside an engine, flip the image 90 degrees and imagine them moving side to side). This engine develops 148 horsepower and 145 lb-ft of torque. When the Crosstrek is equipped with the standard 5-speed manual, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) fuel economy ratings stand at 23 miles per gallon in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. The continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) ups those figures to 26 mpg city/34 mpg hwy.
- The front end has been redesigned with a new grille, bumper, headlights, and fascia. Some models also come with a new wheel design. The Hybrid models receive a new gloss black grille.
- There is a new "STi Sport Package, that offers a STi shift knob, a new wheel look, and an aggressive rear spoiler.
- All models add LED illumination to the center console.
- The interior on the 2.0i Premium and higher has a redesigned steering wheel, plus orange stitching on the center console, door armrests, and shift level handles.
- Models with the push button start now have Pin Code Access.
- Blind Spot Detection and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are now a standard feature on both the Limited and Hybrid Touring models.
- Premium and Limited trims receive upgraded infotainment capabilities through the Starlink system.
- Options on the Subaru Starlink system include functionality such as automatic crash notification and stolen vehicle recovery, remote vehicle services to lock/unlock vehicle with your smartphone, and monthly vehicle health reports.
The Hybrid trim uses the same 2.0-liter engine but adds an electric motor between the engine and transmission. The electric assist adds another 13 hp and 18 lb-ft of torque, bringing the Hybrid's total output to 160 hp and 163 lb-ft of torque. Fuel economy improves, as well, earning an EPA-estimated 30 mpg city/34 mpg hwy.
The MSRP remained the same on the base model which is truly amazing considering that there are reasonable upgrades, and the car is in demand. There was a small increase on the hybrid version of $400.
Aside from the noted upgrades, the dimensions, colors, specs remain virtually the same from 2015-2016.
AutoGuide says, "A number of new small crossovers have entered the market this year, making it more complicated to choose a city-sized AWD vehicle than it is to pick between an Android phone or an iPhone, or even between Xbox and PlayStation. But even with all the new competition, the 2016 Subaru Crosstrek still stands tall as one of the top picks in the segment."
So come on in to Patriot Subaru, Route One, Saco, and have some fun with the new 2016 Subaru Crosstrek!
Local Car dealer Selling New Subaru and Used Cars.
Serving: Saco, ME and Portland, ME.
Local Phone: 207-284-7900