Introducing the New 2017 Subaru Impreza Sedan and 5 Door Hatchback! Built by Subaru in Indiana.
It's a bolder look, with new architecture and a more efficient powertrain. You will see significantly upgraded comfort, convenience, and safety features.
The 2017 Impreza will be underpinned by the new Subaru Global Platform, a major step for Subaru that will soon be featured in the entire Subaru fleet. The result is a stronger chassis, teamed up with improvements to the suspension. It provides a more robust core, lowering the center of gravity. You will feel a superior ride with less vibration, lower noise, and improved handling in addition to better straight-line stability.
In this case, the chassis platform is a bit larger than the previous Impreza generations, and thus the vehicle will have a slightly larger wheelbase of one inch, and overall stretch of 1.6 inches. This also allows for adjustments to the interior design and dimensions.
So what are some of the major changes to the Impreza? FIrst let's examine the exterior.
- New front fascia has a modified lower bumper featuring new vertical fog lights and updated vents.
- The bumper is more defined than before, with a slightly smaller lower grille, and only one black vertical slat running through it.
- Updated headlights with a more angular appearance,
- A redesigned hood offering a more sculpted look.
- On the side the new dimensions create stronger character lines on the the sedan. The hatch version looks more like a crossover than a wagon. We like it!
- The rear fascia has been redone. The squared off taillights of the previous model have been changed to a better looking rectangular design.
- The rear lamps feature sharp angles that complement the updated
lighting hardware within the housings.
- The rear spoiler on the sedan no
longer rests directly on the trunklid.
- The trunk is visibly larger.
- The hatchback features the same updated taillights.
- Reflectors have been placed on the rear bumper.
What's new under the hood?
- Displacement is still 2.0 liters, but output has been improved. Fuel economy will increase slightly. Pretty good, considering that the 2016 Impreza was already the most fuel efficient all-wheel drive vehicle sold in the U.S.!
- Direct Fuel injection has been added, which boosts the horsepower from 148 to 152.
- In high-line
Impreza variants, it will be supported by a Lineratronic CVT automatic
with seven virtual ratios selected by using steering-wheel-mounted shift
What's new inside?
You're going to enjoy a roomier and better-appointed cabin with a generous list of standard features:
- A full range of power
assists, AC, a 6.5-inch multimedia touchscreen, plus an
audio system that supports Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.
- The upgraded Infotainment touchscreen features the Rear Vision Camera and integrates AM/FM stereo and HD Radio®; Radio Data Broadcast System; a single-disc in-dash CD player; Subaru STARLINK smartphone integration with Aha Infotainment, Pandora® and iHeart® Radio; Bluetooth® hands-free phone connectivity and audio streaming; iPod® control capability and iTunes® tagging capability, USB port and aux. input jack.
- Moving to
Premium adds the Starlink Safety and Security features, 16-inch alloy
wheels and an All-Weather Package with heated front seats, windshield
and exterior mirrors along with automatic headlights.
- The Impreza 2.0i Sport matches unique exterior trim elements with a tauter suspension, Active Torque Vectoring and 18-inch alloy wheels. Inside, a Sport package adds bespoke black cloth upholstery, Starlink with an 8.0-inch screen, and Harman/Kardon premium audio.
- The 2017 Impreza is the first Subaru model to have automatic braking if an obstacle is detected when the vehicle is in reverse.
- Updates to Subaru Eyesight, including Lane Keep Assist, that will help keep you in your lane, Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traffic Alert, High Beam Assist, and steering responsive headlights.
Rear Views of the Sedan and Hatchback.
Patriot Subaru in Saco, Maine will have a great selection of the new Imprezas as soon as they reach New England. Talk to us today to find out more!